Monday, October 03, 2011

Filming

During these two days, I was lucky to attend the Freedom Film Festival organized by Pusat KOMAS. It's a pleasure to be there, watching all those films as well as listening to the views from different perspective.

I admit that I am too ignorant to the incident that happen around me nowadays and by attending this festival does make me feel that I'm part of the society again.

The most impressive session for me is the "tikar talk" on the second day where we discussed about film making and political changes. I, as a junior who always interested in making film is awakened by the point of view from the panels. I always drafted my idea in my notebook and plan to film it when I have chance. That's my initial thought to convey my idea or message. And it seems that my effort to deliver a message ends once the film is completed and published. However, after the "tikar talk", I'm aware that filming and manage to publish it is not sufficient and efficient to tackle the issue that I would like the audience to take concern. A film should be a tool to initiate a series of debates, dialogues, changes or even movement. It does not end when the show ends. Perhaps I was too naive in film making and that discussion indeed knock my head and make me clear with what I can do more with a film.

It's time to change my mindset and start moving!  

By the way, the Freedom Film Festival is still going on. In this weekend, they are moving to Penang for the screening. For those who are interested, feel free to visit their official website here.

or visit to their facebook page here.







No comments: